Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one with gauges for a 69. I read that alot of guys bought the Covan template then installed the gauges yourself. I bought the full package and was looking for any insight into the install.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought the blank with holes, good product. I found that you have to do some test fits before final install, like the heater control hole was to small for the face to show thru{open hole up with dremel} and the mounting points had to be ground down where it attaches to metal dash also test fit the astro vent, I had to do some grinding on that hole to.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I bought the complete kit wiring and all. My panel fit pretty well except for a few things. I had to trim a little around the vent. I still need to put the dash pad on, and I'm not sure how the holes will line up exactly. Also, their is no hole on the driver side of the panel (next to the door) where the dash pad attaches. I hate wiring, so I got the wiring harness too(still need to slice into the existing wiring anyway, but hey I only needed to attach one ground wire for all those gauges). The harness helped out a lot, but the instructions need some help. So far I'm pleased witht the panel and gauges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts