Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 convertible with no headrests and saw one member's install of 95 manual adjust seats that worked out great. Am I looking for a "needle in the haystack" or should they not be too hard to find? I don't know if, for some reason, they are highly sought after or not. I live in the northeast area.

Appreciate your help/input

·
Retired
26,664 Posts
I guess you don't get out much... ;) (just some friendly ribbing) You can find 4th gen seats ('93 - '02 Camaro and Firebird) in almost any salvage yard. Other places to look are automotive swap meets, craigslist, ebay, Hemings and sites like this that have Classified areas and forums.

This site even has a "wanted" section in it's classifieds and you can post wanted items in the classified forum as well...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I installed 2000 Firebird leather fronts in my 68, connected all the power
Got them off e-bay
Fairly easy install - many posts here helped
You're not far from me - I'm in Pawling,NY
If you want you can stop by

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried calling a larger salvage yard by me without luck. I suppose that finding a set in leather might be better so as to avoid smells from old soiled foam seat pads.

Does anyone know of all the 4th gen frames are pre-drilled to accommodate the side belt slides as they do in the convertibles? And are all 4th gen 93--02 seat style/shape are the same?

·
Retired
26,664 Posts
If you are talking about the plastic shoulder belt guide that is mounted up by the headrest, yes they all came with it. There were no "leather" seats, the factory used vinyl or cloth. In the 4th gen Camaro there were 2 cover designs used, early '93-'97 style and late '98-'02 style but to my knowledge both used the same foam and seat assembly. The firebird was a more elaborate looking seat on the same frame.

·
Retired
26,664 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I tried calling a larger salvage yard by me without luck. I suppose that finding a set in leather might be better so as to avoid smells from old soiled foam seat pads.

Does anyone know of all the 4th gen frames are pre-drilled to accommodate the side belt slides as they do in the convertibles? And are all 4th gen 93--02 seat style/shape are the same?
Convertible seats don't have the clip or slides for the seat belts. The holes may be in the frame under the padding but I'm not sure.
There is a salvage yard in AL that specializes in Camaros and Firebirds, I bought a set of seats from them. They advertise on E-bay all the time.

·
Retired
26,664 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts