Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm seriously considering the 67 Camaro at the link below but need someone close to California, MD (Maryland) to look at the car ASAP! Have spoken with the seller numerous times and seem to have a tentative deal.

Can anyone help? Would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what do you think teh car is worth (after reading the ad and seeing the pics)?

PM or e-mail me. THANKS!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=330099512136&rd=1&rd=1

NOTE: Apologies to forum members and moderators, but I was unable to find any topic areas more appropriate for this type of request for help. Also need to move fairly quickly if I'm going to buy the car (and continue to be a member of this great forum). Thx!

[EDIT] Thanks for all your helpful feedback to date. Responses below:
1. Agree, car looks silly as it sits. Seller had brand new springs & shocks installed by a mechanic, which raised the rear and. I'm mechanical and confident the problem is relatively simple to addess.
2. The white 67 in Dallas, TX looks surprizingly good relative to it's poor condition. I updated that post accordingly for everyone's benefit.
3. Oops, my bad, MD = Maryland and MA = Massachusets. Thanks oakster! Unfortuantely, the car is quite far from Houston, TX :(
4. I'm looking to spend $20K or less and believe this car has real good potential. It appears solid and includes a Muncie so I can do the conversion (then sell the Powerglide). Also has a new top, parade boot, and other items included. I ultimately want a retro driver and am not worried about the numbers not matching (been there / done that on a numbers matching car - now ready for a change). I may consider spending up to $30K for a nice quality modded / hot-rodded Camaro.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Re: Anyone near California, MA willing to look at a 67?

I'd update the title of your post. MA is for Massachusetts, not Maryland.

I don't think there is a California, MA but the folks in Maryland probably don't know that and may miss your post.

Good luck w/your potential purchase

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Re: Anyone near California, "Maryland" willing to look at a 67?

I don't know what your budget is, and that car looks nice, but you indicated in other posts you wanted a V8 4spd (don't we all!). If you where to put 10K into this red ebay car, would it be as nice as the 67 vert that just poped up in the TC classifieds that is already done?
http://www.camaros.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=16252&cat=42

·
Registered
132 Posts

I live in Hollywood maryland. Just up the street a couple miles from California. If you need someone to look it over give me a shout. Billy

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I live in Hollywood maryland. Just up the street a couple miles from California. If you need someone to look it over give me a shout. Billy
Great, thanks! PM sent.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anyone near California, MA willing to look at a 67?

The white 67 in Dallas, TX does look good in the pics (which is why I went to see it and had a cashier's check in hand). In acutality, the hood and driver door are different colors than the rest of the car and it looks like a 12-year old painted it with Wal-Mart spray cans. The door jams still show evidence of a prior red paint job. The interior was very dirty, smelled of mildew (like a car that sat in a salvage yard), door panels were damaged in multiple areas, and multiple trim pieces were missing. It rattled quite a bit over bumps during the test drive. It also has an oil leak (appears to be pan gasket).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.