Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edelbrock 75614 Air Gap 2-0 Will it fit under a stock cowl hood i got a chance at a new one real cheap when i look it up it says will not fit under stock hood 67-81 camaro does that mean flat hood or all stock hood's ? bb 502

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Re: Anyone running an bb air gap intake

Donnie im gonna say no way... My 454 block with an air gap intake and a 2" cowl hood fits a 3" K & N filter with a 1" drop base.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts

Donnie i take that back,

With my 454 block with Brodix aluminum heads and BBC frame Stan's and 2" stock cowl hood it clears and the filter is stuffed in the cowl you can see it from in side the car. But i don't know if the 502 block sets higher then a 454.. Can you call or find out the measurements between the 2-blocks and if the same then it should clear.

If you can take some measurements of your motor and i will try to do the same.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts

I shopped on line with Summit Racing. I wanted the latest and greatest intake manifold. I picked out an Air gap. Then I looked at the 'fine-print'. It said "Not for early Camaro's". I CALLED Edelbrock! 'Whaaaa????' I said. They told me the Air gap wouldn't fit under short hoods. I told them that mine's cowl induction. They said that that was the problem. The dimensions would be off. Their manifold guru then asked what I was running? I told him I had a Torquer II. He wanted to know if that was one of those early manifolds with the carb mounted at an angle. I confirmed it, said I installed it in 1970. Sold my original aluminum high-rise for $35.00. He paused, then said 'we sell the latest and greatest technology but it's NOT BETTER THAN THAT! You have a great manifold! EDELBROCK SAID THAT! TO ME!
But I'm betting an Air-Gap will fit. After all, like Skip, my air cleaner sticks way up into the cowl hood and clears just fine. I run a 4" K&N.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts

Heres a picture of mine with a air gap intake, drop down spacer and a stock coel hood.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts

Skip, beautiful engine bay! Two things; First, how did you get the upper alternator bracket to clear the tall valve covers? Second, With your modern theme, the tower clamps are a great touch!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts