Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Says you should cut a 5536 to approx. 14 inches free height to attain stock ride height...and roughly 500 lbs per inch spring rate.

I'd like a 2-3 inch drop from stock.

Don't really want to go over 550-600 pounds per inch spring rate cause I'll be driving the car just about always on the street and would still like to maintain some ride quality.

If this is too much of a PITA, I'll just pop for DOUBLE the money (lol) and just buy the Hotchkis springs. Figured maybe someone else ran either of these springs and wanted it lower??

Thanks for any replies,

Donnie

·
Registered
419 Posts
Have you tried Dave Possies web site info on this?I had 6308 and cut the springs to the hight I wanted no problems.Cut one loop at a time to I got to the hight worked great to I got coil overs.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred,

Yes I've read David Pozzi's entire site. It doesn't say much other than cutting will be required to bring the vehicle back close to 'stock' height. How many coils did you end up cutting and do you know approximately what that put your spring rate at?

Thanks,

Donnie

·
10,157 Posts
I haven't used them so I don't know how much to trim them. The nice thing about just buying the Hotchkis springs is, you don't have to mess with them. That said, cars vary in weight, and different people want different ride heights, so it's hard to say exactly what works for everyone.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DP, I'll probably end up with the hotchkis..the powder coating is worth the 50 bucks just about.

Take care,

DZ

·
14,470 Posts
I have the Hotchkis 2" drops on my 69 and Hotchkis 1 1/2" drop rear leafs.

About 12 1/4"

Car rides and handles great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts