1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
i saw it used on an episode of "Gearz" last week. Looks pretty cool how it makes the air go up into the MC instead of out the bleeder screw.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is where I saw it. The reason I want to use it is because I changed my brake lines and just need to fill them and bleed. I don't want to waste all the fluid in the calipers or rear wheel cylinders.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I bought one of these a few years ago and used it on my 69 (OE style disc/drum setup); I will never use any other kind of bleeder. I guess it is possible that one of the professional pressure systems works better, but for a guy working on his hobby car, this was the best one I have ever used.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i bought one of these a few years ago and used it on my 69 (oe style disc/drum setup); i will never use any other kind of bleeder. I guess it is possible that one of the professional pressure systems works better, but for a guy working on his hobby car, this was the best one i have ever used.

Sold!

That backs up my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have replaced the master (bench bled it), calipers, cylinders etc. I replaced the lines and don't want to waste a lot of fluid. The hold off only works in the opposite direction from this tool.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I bought one of these a few years ago and used it on my 69 (OE style disc/drum setup); I will never use any other kind of bleeder. I guess it is possible that one of the professional pressure systems works better, but for a guy working on his hobby car, this was the best one I have ever used.
did you buy yours straight from the company or is it availiable elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought mine from the link in the first post. List is $135. The link has it for $98. Buy $99 then shipping is free. I did that. Find a little something you need for free.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I bought mine from the link in the first post. List is $135. The link has it for $98. Buy $99 then shipping is free. I did that. Find a little something you need for free.
I must be doing something wrong because when I "add it to my cart" the price is $148.50?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet that includes shipping?

·
Registered
356 Posts
You bought it today but there's no discount that I can see in the link?????

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
I just bought one also. I'll let you know how it works. I have 2 cars will all new brake lines, master cylinder etc. that I have to do so I can drive them.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I received mine and used it this last weekend. SWEET!

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
I have a few questions on this brake bleeder. By the instructions it pushes the fluid to the master cylinder from the front driver caliper. Does it matter which caliper you hook it too? If you hook it to the drivers caliper and the fluid goes to the remaining calipers is there trapped air at the calipers?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts