Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhh, the 1967, 2-bbl, 327 POS. I want to breath some life into this old baby. Cash is minimal right now, but I am going to buy parts as I go along. First, just the usual rebuild. I am unclear on what I should get done. Here is what I have thought up:

Bore .30 over, hone
magnaflux block and crank
hot tank
resize rods
deck the block( if absolutely necessary)

Can anyone help me with what else I should have done?

Any suggestions for pistons also? I am going to need to go with hypers because of cash.

Next my performance combo. I am going to go with the Performer RPM 7501 air-gap manifold. Also, I was going to go with a 600 cfm edelbrock carb( too small?) I am also going to get an edelbrock timing chain. I am leaning towards getting the Davies-Craig electric water pump that came out a while back. The Comp Cams XE-268 is my choice of cam.

The one problem I have is heads. I am looking at Edelbrock, Trick Flow, AFRs, and Darts. I am really stuck here. Can anyone give me a suggestion on the chamber sizes, as well as intake/exhaust runners I am going to want for my 327?

That is pretty much it... Thanks in advance...

[ 03-10-2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: slcorran ]

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could save a little cash and get the performer rpm (over the air gap). I have a edelbrock 600 on my 327. I think a 650 would be a little better (but I haven't tried it, so it's just a thought). The xe268 ought to be a good choice for a camaro. I had one in my truck, and it was a bit too big for a heavy truck, stock converter and gears.

You may want to look at a pair of vortec heads for a cheaper alternative also (which will also require a different intake).

You may also need additional machine work. Just kinda depends on what it looks like when ya get in there.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Spend the money on the heads is my first suggestion.

Forget about the extra bucks for the air gap. The regular RPM manifold will work just as well and cost a LOT less. Forget about an electric water pump. A well set up combo will give you plenty of go power. If you have been running the block/crank for some time, you might want to skip the magnaflux inspection. Price it out to see if it is worth it to you. If you have a known history, you might be better off spending the cash elsewhere.

-Mark.

-Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts