Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rebuilding the front end. anything wrong with the front end kits for sale from clasic industries or ground up? what about the ones on ebay?

i see alot of talk about the moog stuff too. how do they stack up to the kits in performance and old school look?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have never used a front end "kit" myself i can tell you that after owning my auto shop for iver 12 years, and working on cars for way too many years, that moog products have never let me down. I'm not sure how much more moog cost over the "kits" but the imho moog is worth it.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I second the Moog recomendation. They just seem to look and feel better. refer to the "sticky" on parts at the top of this section.

joe

·
Registered
518 Posts
Installed a kit with all moog parts and appears i have 1 or 2 bad ball joints out of the box. Drivers side suspension is making that clanking noise that suggests a bad ball joint. Not saying moog makes bad parts but they can be bad too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ouch! well im going to have to put the suspension parts on the back burner for now. i just dropped the frame and there it was.....large holes rusted through the sub frame mounting plates.

if i cant find a tall enough building to jump off of tonight, i think ill try to find some friends who can help with this new developement.

thanks for the input though. ill keep that in mind when i get back to the suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts