Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 coupe and am thinking of making it into a street-rod kind of look. I want to use 15" rims on the front and 17" rims on the back. Does anybody have any comments on how they feel this will look?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I would recommend against it. Fugly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Be safe and stay with one size rim. Like mentioned above, the side wall on the 15" will be way to drastic. If your going for a modern day look stick with 16" and up. Just a few comments from the peanut gallery. Just another word, find 17"s for the front, it'll look great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just thinking, since the majority of opinions are no because of the amount of tire around the rims be so different..what if I were able to get close to the same amount of tire width on both front & back? Do you think that would help? I guess the look I'm playing with is like a 34 Ford Coupe or so, with little tires up front and bigger ones in back to give it that mean raked look.

·
Registered
282 Posts
People will stand there the whole time wondering why you did that. Are you looking to rake the car drastically or would you try to get the car to sit level?

Good luck. I know that sometimes we have an idea and it just sounds so cool, but I don't think this one will pan out the way you want it to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts