1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 2016 RIDE of the MONTH Entries!

The April ROTM is sponsored by
Prizes include
T-shirts, hats, license plate, decals, NOS GM sales brochure or other period marketing items from Rick's personal collection, and a $100 gift certificate!

Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through March 15th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. Submissions posted after 23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 15th will not be included in the competition

VOTING:

March16th through March 27th: A poll will be added to this forum on the 16th containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote on their favorite. The person with the most votes by MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 28th of March will be the winner for the month of April!

Note changes in photos used to enter your ride.

Rules for nominations
Cars that are currently up for sale may not be nominated!
All nominations:
Must post three (3) Recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels.
These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.

• one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.

Optional: A fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front, or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street entry and have mods listed in your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc.

Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.

In addition for Resto/Mod vehicles:
Must include a list of the vehicles current Modifications.
Final Notes

• Pictures must be of current state of car with the only exception being seasonal photos with winter tires on.
  • Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included in your listing.
  • If your wheels/tires/suspension/etc. are currently up for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
  • No "Future Modifications" either used to pad your listing.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally Posted by frostyle
http://www.camaros.net/forums/members/70681-frostyle.html

I will post mine again..
327ci L30
automatic
all numbers matching(block, heads, trans, rear end)
factory glass
original sheet metal
original interior with just new carpet
American racing daisy rims

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
This is my 67 resto mod, I have owned this car for 35 years
400 dart small block
5spd tko600

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
What the heck, lets try it again...

68 RS/SS factory big block car
1969 Engine L78 396 CID 375hp
Muncie M20
373 12 bolt posi
Bias Ply Redline Tires
Factory Island Teal Blue

Attachments

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Three entries on the first day! I'm a very happy moderator. Two more makes a contest. :)

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I'll give it a shot
1969 Camaro
Worked 350
Holley 650 dp
202 fuelie heads
Hooker super comps
200r4 swap
2400 converter
342 posi rear
Disc brake conversion
Original ac car (still there )
Competition engineering drag shocks
Owned this car for 21 years.
Got engaged in the car. Had signs hung up along the main road here last sign said open the glove box. The ring box is still in there.

Lots of great memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
1969 X77 D80 Z/28 unrestored w/46k miles. Sold in August of 69 at Jim Edelbrock Chevrolet, out of Plymouth,Michigan. Original owned till 2007.
About 60-70% original paint, and original factory applied stripes with the original ZL-2 hood from the factory.
Original owner added the under dash gauges, the rest of the interior is original.
Very well documented original Z, with the original numbers matching drive train (Motor, trans, rear end), which all match the original protect-o-plate.
The original owner documented in a log book, every mile driven, every fill up of gasoline (with the price he paid), and every time he started it up, and how long it took to get up to temp.

I was also able to get the original sales invoice, and every service/parts invoice for the car, along with a catalog from Nickey Chevrolet that he ordered. He also made several trips to Berger Chevrolet for service. The original owner was friends with an GM employee at the Milford proving grounds, and was able to take the car on the track and open it up.

The car has been well taken care of, but has been used as a driver its whole life. It has (still) never been in a car show, and has been kept out of the public eye while the original owner had it. He said he was constantly being followed home by interested buyers, when he did drive it, so he would immediately park it in the garage, and close it up after each drive. My son and I have great time enjoying the car, in good weather and bad. Sense it was well maintained it drives very tight, and feels like a brand new car.

For some reason I am running into trouble with the other pics. Maybe I can email them to the moderator?:frown2:

For some reason I am running into trouble with the other pics. Maybe I can email them to the moderator?:frown2:
69-Pace said:
Check your PM's
sent. thanks
69-Pace said:
I'll update the post tonight from home.
69-Pace said:
You exceeded your file storage limit, that's why they would not attach. I've merged the posts here so they show up in your post.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks. A lot of good looking cars this month, good luck guys

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Thanks. A lot of good looking cars this month, good luck guys

You almost bought my Berger catalog in eBay
Great looking car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
I tried it was over my budget. Good for you getting top dollar. I am really trying to find a metal berger license frame, since I have yet to see a Jim Edlebrock Chevrolet license frame.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I'll try my 1969 Silver Camaro.

1969 Camaro SS
LS3 engine with 4L60e trans 2800 stall
Mini tubed shortened 12 bolt with 3.73 gears
Wilwood disc brakes all the way around
Full ridetech front suspension. Upper and lower control arms and coil overs. Ridetech Musclebar sway bar
Billet Specialty wheels 17x8 and 18x12 with 335/30r18 on the rear
True HID headlights
Dakota Digital gauges in stock dash

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay folks - Due to a weird work week I'm behind a couple days. So last call for entries will be Friday afternoon, so if you are going to throw your hat in the ring, do so or let me know you are having technical issues and I'll hold the door for you.

Brian

·
Registered
82 Posts
These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.

• one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.
this any better? Best I can drop on short notice from work! lol

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
works for me. I'll put the poll up Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Your car should be the first entry for the Ride of the Month for May, hopefully these pics get moved over to a new thread?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.