Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if original aluminum 15x7" American Racing Daisy wheels have any clearance issues with factory front disc brakes on a '69 coupe? Searched but couldn't find a firm answer.....

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro RS
397 Posts
I have American 200S aluminum 15 X 7 wheels with no clearance problems.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
I have '69 disc on my '67 with those wheels, no problems.

Edit: Mine are newer wheels (10 years or so), not sure if the older versions are the same. I would expect so but.......

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys :thumbsup:

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
If they are vintage wheels the 15x7 has about a 3.5" back spacing so even if they fit your rotors the fender lip will be all over the tires. I have vintage 200s wheels on the '72 Nova with factory style disc's and the front had to be jacked up an inch over stock to keep the fender lips off the 215 tires. My Nova is intended to have that old school look so what I did works but might not look the way you'd like your Camaro to look...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro RS
397 Posts
If they are vintage wheels the 15x7 has about a 3.5" back spacing so even if they fit your rotors the fender lip will be all over the tires. I have vintage 200s wheels on the '72 Nova with factory style disc's and the front had to be jacked up an inch over stock to keep the fender lips off the 215 tires. My Nova is intended to have that old school look so what I did works but might not look the way you'd like your Camaro to look...
I have a stock 1969 Camaro with stock suspension and have 15x7 with 3.5" back spacing with 215 tires up front and 235 tires in the rear.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dennis - I will check on backspacing, but think it was 3.75" - thanks for the heads up.
Robert - great photo, your car looks great with the Daisy wheels :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro RS
397 Posts
Dennis - I will check on backspacing, but think it was 3.75" - thanks for the heads up.
Robert - great photo, your car looks great with the Daisy wheels :thumbsup:
Thanks Tim and you right about the offset, it is 3.75".

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
I said "about" because I knew it was close to 3.5"... 3.75 bs is still 1/2" away from the ideal of 4.25" on a 7" wide wheel and places the tire 1/2" closer to the fender lip. Robert your stance looks higher than stock to me but I know these cars actually sat high from the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts