Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the problem, I installed Eibach lowering coils for the front of my 67'. Now my tires rub when I am turning them 75% or more , I mean rub BAD on my fender.

It wont take much ride height to clear it, and I JUST BOUGHT new tires on the front before the drop , lol. I guess I didnt do my homework. I dont want to buy ANOTHER set of tires because soon I plan on swapping out wheels, just not soon enough.

Right now I am using the cheapest stock replacement shocks from Auto Zone from 8 years ago, so I figure with todays technology there are shocks that allow you to adjust ride height. I am just not sure you can go UP in the height with them.

Does anyone know? Thanks for the time :) ---

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
You can install coil spring spacers to raise the front of your car. The car is not supposed to ride on shocks, that is what springs are for. :)

Here are some 1/2" : http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GLS-1103/

3/8" are the thinnest that I have seen.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
What Tom said.

I had to use one of those on one side only to even things out. Due to the geometry involved, a 3/8" spacer will raise the front ~3/4", a 1/2" in spacer will raise it about 1".

If you have a spring shop in your neighborhood buy them there. I bought a variety to experiment with. They were $5 or $6 ea. - exact same part as pictured.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
Monroe load levelers. That make em for the front and they fit the first gen. You might have to pull the cage nuts off to get the spring threw then put the nuts back. Should raise it 1" to 1.5"'.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts