Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy says they're factory headers, but they don't look anything like the ones in Jerry MacNeish's books or Wayne Guinn's books. John Z, did you ever see the headers that GM offered in 67-68? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=598466226

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

S

·
0 Posts
I dont think (But not claiming for sure) that they had alumacote headers back then. But i'am no expert just my .2 cents

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that you could only order the headers as part of an RPO in 67-68, but you could still buy leftovers from the parts department in 69. These look like some generic header though.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I read the add more closly he says that they somtimes may have been added by the dealer.So does that make them GM headers or some headers the dealer bought from Discount Auto Parts down the street and pitched in the trunk.The 67 Z/28 I had with the GM header option came with headers that were in two parts.Who knows!

[This message has been edited by allcamaro (edited 11-29-2001).]

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking at headers all over the place and these headers look like the Hedman and Flowtech headers. There's no way those are factory headers. They look like they're 1-5/8 where I thought the factory headers were 1-3/4.

------------------

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey the auction was closed, I guess they were not factory headers. I believe the factory headers had a 4 bolt collector flange instead of 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts