Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to redo my engine wiring harness when I put the car back together. I am adding a CS130 alternator, electric fans, and replacing the broken electrical headlights with Retro-electro motors and motor controllers to eliminate all the relays and limit switched.

I have read many post on needed wiring changes for these mods. I have begun to modify the stock wiring diagram and wanted to get some input on my modifications. Here is what I have so far.

I am planning to eliminate the voltage regulator. Also thinking about eliminating the junction block but don't know if that is a good idea. I don't have a heater blower motor or a brake alarm switch with the swap to Wilwood brakes so I have removed them from the diagram. I may attempt to use these terminals in the firewall connect for something else but haven't gotten that far yet.

I am planning on upgrading to larger gauge wire for the starter wire, alternator wire, and ground wire.

I would appreciate any input. I would like to do it right the first time.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
32,606 Posts
Looks good, but why do you have battery voltage to HMC's?
Obviously, the 8R is connected to BATT rather than S terminal shown.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everett, thanks for the reply. The instructions from Retro-Electro said they need constant 12V power. They said to get power for the DS from the horn relay and the PS from the battery.

Thanks for pointing out the error in the alternator wiring. Where does the S terminal wire to?

Also, should I use some type of junction block for power rather than connect everything to the positive battery post?

·
Super Moderator
32,606 Posts
You're welcome. On the S wire, sense wire, may not need one as the CS on my '88 Dually, OE design, just has the brown wire for the battery light. If you were going to hook it up, optimum place would be the BAT spade on the fuse panel. The horn relay buss bar would be good or the added junction block on your list.

Dummy me, the HMC's get turn 'on' power from the headlamp power............go figure.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Everett. I review the info I found on the CS130 swap and see that the S terminal is connected to the + Bat terminal on the alternator along with the wire to the battery. I modified my wiring diagram accordingly.

I will have to think about a junction block or bus bar to go near the battery for accessories. I still need to add the power for the electric fans to this wiring diagram.

·
Super Moderator
32,606 Posts
The schematic does not show the OE junction block next to the battery - power for one fan. Optional to use the horn relay buss bar for power for both fans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts