Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have BBC head castings 3993820, 1970/71 oval port, I have not done an intake since about 82' or 83'... This site is a life saver!.. I am using the performer RPM.. Should I put the restrictor plates between the intake and heads?.. I have mixed info in print.. Thanks!!...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Do you mean the exhaust cross over block offs? I use them on my big block but I don't drive it in cold weather. If you drive yours in cold weather you would probably want it unblocked.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
If you live in a cold climate were a blocked cross over plate is a problem, you probably wouldn't want to take a high torque big block out anyway. High torque engines and ice aren't my idea of a pleasurable drive.

That being said if you do use the cross over block off plates they will burn through; unless you plug the manifold up with epoxy first. After that you will have a cold natured beast until everything comes up to temperature, which will depend on your cooling system and driving habits. Just remember not to warm it up in the garage.

Larger Dave

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Restrictor Plates!....

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My RPM Airgap came with no crossover in it anyway. I don't know about the The regular RPM.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I took the restrictor plate (an Offehauser Dual-Port mainifold) off my 330 Olds and replaced it with a factory aluminum A-4 manifold and the engine will now rev to 6500rpm.................oh, you meant exhaust block off plates; I don't use those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts