Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
i don't know the size, but i'm pretty sure you can get a oil pump stud kit in the performance section at autozone or oreilly. the application is listed on the back.
Tybor

·
Registered
622 Posts
The bolt you need is a 7/16" x 16 thread and is 1 3/4" in length, (measuring under the bolt cap) use a grade 5 or better bolt and no washer is required.

Too long a bolt will bottom out on the rear main bearing (not a good thing) and will cause the engine to be tight, or worse will damage the rear main cap, by pulling the threads out of it...

Good Luck
John

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
find a good engine builder in your area and tell him what you need. i bet he will have a good ARP or something on hand.i think it is under 5 bucks.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

·
10,147 Posts
Verify the bolt is the correct length and won't be too short or too long.
Too short- it will strip out!
Too long will bottom out and punch through to the main bearing!
Usually they are not put on with Locktite but it won't hurt either way.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok , I went out and ran all over the place today to find that bolt, got home after 2 hrs of running and turned my engine upside down to put the new bolt in its home, lined up the pump , and guess what.. its NOT a 7/16 16 1.75 bolt, its more like 3/8 size, cause 7/16 is too big, and its not 1" 3/4 long, it has to be longer, I can put the bolt through and it barely makes 1 thread out of the oil pump into the block, there are 17 threads on the hole that the bolt goes in . any more ideas???

thanks..

Chris

------------------
Chris's 67 RS 327,can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
check out another site once in a while! http://www.fbodyconnection.com

[This message has been edited by Chris Edwards (edited 12-22-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts