Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ashtray door on the console of my 69 apparently is supposed to have some springs on it to hold it open, or closed. I have the springs but cannot figure out how they go. Anyone have a picture or can describe how to put them in?

Ed

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I just did my 67 console ashtray, I have not seen a 69 but I assume they are the same. The picture I have is very poor quality so I will try to describe it for you. If you have the console upside down, the loop of the spring points up. At the ends, my springs had a long tab and a short one. The short one goes in the small hole of that metal piece that is located on the console. The longer tab goes in the slot of the side bracket on the ashtray door. Put the short one in the small hole first then bend the spring until the longer end will go into the slot on the ashtray door. When installed the spring should sit between the metal piece on the console and the side of the ashtray door. I installed mine with the ashtray door closed (less tension on the spring). I hope that helps. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts