Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some of the Astro Vent bezel replacement threads and I thought I was going in with knowledge, but apparently not enough. I wasted 2 hours trying to do the passenger side when I finally gave up since getting the top screw in turned out to be impossible.

I ordered these from Ground Up, they sell 1 universal bezel which I bought 2. After looking at some of the other sites I see there is a left and a right bezel. Could this be the problem? Any hints on how to get the top screw in? I figured the bezel retainer would tighten against the dash, but it doesn't seem to grab on to anything.

I think I'm going to return the parts to Ground Up and order the whole Astro kit from Rick's.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
there is a lil separate metal tab, about 1/2" by 1", that that screw goes into. The tab hooks onto the dash and kinda clamps it on there. If you don't have them, you can find something in a hardware store that you can cut to size and drill a hole in

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a lil separate metal tab, about 1/2" by 1", that that screw goes into. The tab hooks onto the dash and kinda clamps it on there. If you don't have them, you can find something in a hardware store that you can cut to size and drill a hole in
Yes, I have these, but when I tighten the screw into it it's not clamping on to the dash when I have the bottom screw in. I was thinking the repro bezels I bought weren't sized right, since they are universal and not individual for left and right.

·
Registered
85 Posts
JimM is right here. I ran into the same problem when I tried to install mine. Only, I lost the clips... I ended up going to the hardware store and buying a different style clip that basically allowed me to screw into it and "pin" the vent against the dash. Tighten the top one first then tighten the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts