Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recomend decent towns to live in on the west side of Atlanta? A friend is an average 40 something caucasian guy and his wife and kid and a decent income but not rich by any means and is looking at a job down there. Kennesaw looks like it might be okay. Any body that knows the Atlanta area have any suggestions for someone working on the Southwest side?

Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
My suggestion would be to get as close to work as possible. I live in Birmingham, Al and I've had to go to Atlanta/Alpharetta for work a few times. The traffic is a NIGHTMARE in Atlanta.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Grew on the East side of Atlanta before it got all crazy with people. Kennesaw is to the north and is a nice country type town, but is just off the freeway from ATL. If he is working in Atlanta, its best to either live near work and suck up the high cost or move an hour away and just plan on a commute that might take an hour or 4. My parents are in Gwinnett County and they hate the busy rush, but they are living in a very old neighborhood with actual yards. Look at the area his job is and look for an older subdivision, would be my best advice.

Best of Luck!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The job is in an Atlant address. Great Southwest Parkway? Kennesaw is about 1/2 hour away and the demographics looked good from a city data search. Anything similar would be good.
Yes but a half an hour away in Atlanta Terms is really an hour and a half.
I have libved near Atlanta for almost twenty years.....traffic is AWFUL.

Welcome though!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great Southwest Parkway is south of I-20 and west of I-285. Kennesaw would be a LONG drive. For similar areas to Kennesaw, I would suggest looking in the west Marietta - Hiram - Powder Springs area. The major north/south road to travel from the Marietta - Hiram - Powder Springs area down to Great Southwest Parkway would be Camp Creek Parkway (also named Thornton Road and C H James Parkway). This is the way we use to get to the Atlanta Airport. Busy road in rush hour but not nearly as bad as others in the Atlanta area. Just go to Yahoo.com, and click on MAPS. Enter Great Southwest Parkway and Atlanta, GA. You will see Camp Creek Parkway. Click on the CITY view and follow Camp Creek - Thornton - C H James Parkway up north and you will get to some of the areas I would suggest. Kennesaw looks fairly close on the map, but there is not an easy way to get to Camp Creek Parkway from there without a lot of windshield time in rush hour. By the way, I live in Acworth which is between Kennesaw and Powder Springs. All great places to live in Cobb County, which is know nationally for its school system.

Good Luck ! Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts