Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toby, my home pc has received three infected e-mails from you this morning. I just wanted to make you aware if you weren't already.

------------------
Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
'92 Caprice wagon
'98 Malibu

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got three copies too! Damn hackers and their stupid viruses. Let's start a campaign to buy every virus programmer a rusty old Mustang to restore. That'll keep 'em busy for years and they won't have any time to write more viruses!! Who's with me??

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No "E" sounds good to me!!

------------------
Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
'92 Caprice wagon
'98 Malibu

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What are they, what do they infect and how do I get rid of them.
I also got those E-MAIL's but my Virus Catcher did not catch them.

------------------
TONY
67 CAMARO R/S CLONE, 355/turbo 350, 200hp NOS,12 bolt,etc...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Rusty ole Mustang, I thought that was the only way that they came, hence 'Rustang'??

Count me in, but lets make it a plain jane base rust car cause dont want to give them a desirable one.

------------------
Jim
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

·
Registered
73 Posts
why a mustang? just sew their butt cheeks together and feed them nothing but clilli.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Toby, Ad me to the list, I got 3 e-mails as well.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, AM/FM, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Houndstooth, Factory Gauges, Spoilers, etc.

'85 Z/28: Rare Factory Yellow, 355 TPI, wifes car, lots of hot rod stuff, she will blow your doors off so don't mess with her!

1969 Z/28: Ralley Green, black standard interior, DZ302, M21, 3.73 posi, comfort grip steering wheel, factory gauges, spoilers, etc. FOR SALE?

·
Registered
168 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ragtopman:
Rusty ole Mustang, I thought that was the only way that they came, hence 'Rustang'??

Count me in, but lets make it a plain jane base rust car cause dont want to give them a desirable one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A desirable Mustang? Is there such a thing??

Badcam, why a Mustang? Well, it just seemed like an appropriate punishment for anyone that is a big enough a-hole to sit around programming e-mail viruses!

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I know this is not what everyone wants to hear, but the reason I use hotmail and not my family address is because of virus's. Hot mail caught all of the letters from Toby Keen and told me they had a virus, DO NOT OPEN.

------------------
68 SS BB project car

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
You should be running a good antivirus software like MacAfee or Norton Antivirus and if you have DSL or cable modem you need a good firewall like zonealarm.com, the firewall will warn you about suspicious emails that you can then scan. The firewall will also prevent hackers from getting into your computer while you're logged onto the web. I've gotten viruses in emails from several people, but the subject is so obvious and any email with an attachment you're not expecting should be deleted.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I am running Macafee, and the reason I didn'rt think that it caught the virus was that I didn't recieve a notification of detection, BUT it did catch the viruses in the attachments and it only showed me the E-MAIL itself, it removed the attachment before it got to me! YEE HAW!!

So I am still clean!

------------------
TONY
67 CAMARO R/S CLONE, 355/turbo 350, 200hp NOS,12 bolt,etc...

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
..or you could by everyone who doesnt like virus makers a .44 magnum. works better and doesnt spread mustangs.
(p.s. Just a joke guys!)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm truly sorry guys. Somehow the bug got by my virus catcher. I didn't realize I had a virus until I was notified that I had one. I have since employed further protection that is supposed to catch this type of thing in the future.
Once again, I'm really sorry for any trouble I caused any of you.

Toby

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Toby, had three more this morning. My anti-virus caught it for me and I really wasn't trying to blame you-no need to apologize! Just wanted to make you aware and figured you'd see this before you'd get an e-mail. Hope you can get it fixed!

------------------
Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
'92 Caprice wagon
'98 Malibu

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Just letting you know I got three more this morning too. It is no trouble at all. Just hope you can get it tracked down. Take care.
www.geocities.com/boodlefoof

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got three more today too! Where's my Autotrader? Gotta find some Rustangs and track these guys down...

·
Registered
612 Posts
was Speaking with my brother yesterday, he informed me that he had gotten a Virus thru Email the other day , seem's like someone has sent out this virus that attacks your Email Contact lists and ICQ contact lists its a worm that will send out Email to all people on your contact list, ( Just my luck im on both of his contact lists so I expect to see a virus soon ). He had gotten the Infected Email from my Aunt who got if from her Daughter and didnt even know she was infected at all and hadnt sent an Email at all to my brother.

The Email he recieved was titled something like "you have to see this Screensaver" so keep an eye out for email like that from people that you know and trust it could be a Virus .

[This message has been edited by Rsmith1969 (edited 12-09-2001).]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts