1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August 2015 RIDE of the MONTH Entries!

The August ROTM is sponsored by

Prizes include
T-shirts, hats, license plate, decals, NOS GM sales brochure or other period marketing items from Rick's personal collection, and a $100 gift certificate!

Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through July 15th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. Submissions posted after 23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 15th will not be included in the competition

VOTING:

July 16th through July 27th: A poll will be added to this forum on the 16th containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote on their favorite. The person with the most votes by MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 28th of July will be the winner for the month of August!

Note changes in photos used to enter your ride.

Rules for nominations
Cars that are currently up for sale may not be nominated!
All nominations:
Must post three (3) Recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels.
These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.

• one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.
Optional: A fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front, or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street entry and have mods listed in your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc.

Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.

In addition for Resto/Mod vehicles:
Must include a list of the vehicles current Modifications.
Final Notes

• Pictures must be of current state of car with the only exception being seasonal photos with winter tires on.
  • Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included in your listing.
  • If your wheels/tires/suspension/etc. are currently up for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
  • No "Future Modifications" either used to pad your listing.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
This is my 67 RS/SS . It has a 350ci with a Muncie 4spd trans. Bought this car 7 years ago from a guy at work. It had been sitting in his garage since 1986. It was in great shape, but did put rear quarters on it while I did a frame off restoration. The interior is original except the carpet and headliner. Love taking her out and watching the heads turn...

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Project IN10ENSE ... My 69' 3 year Pro Touring build. Approximately 1500 - 2000 hours of my own hands on work, with the exception of body/paint, LS7 engine build and install, and leather work.

'Partial' List of main modifications

PAINT: Jaguar French Racing Blue

ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN: E-Force Supercharged fully forged LS7
800 HP / 800 Ft/Lbs torque, Tremec T56 Magnum, LS7 Hyd
Clutch, QuickTime, Moser 12 bolt, PSI Wiring

EXHAUST: American Racing Headers, Borla Pro XS mufflers Custom 3” stainless

SUSPENSION: SpeedTech Torque Arm, Chicane Mod, ATS
spindles, coilovers, SC&C Arms, Lee Engineering 670 PS box

WHEELS: Rushforth Livewire 19 / 18

BRAKING: Hydratech Hydroboost, Wilwood 6 piston, 13.5”/12”

INTERIOR: Fully custom Recaro leather interior/console, SpeedHut gauges, Vintage Air with Dakota Digital climate control, The Shop LLC kicks and rear deck

FINER DETAILS: Ring Brothers hood hinges, sill plates, door handles,
Fesler tail lights, Marquez Driving Lights, Ride-Tech gas Filler,
billet headlight doors, Black Chroming and Rain Gear hidden wiper system

·
Registered
795 Posts
Great cars so far guys.. :thumbsup: Makes me not want to but might as well give it one more try with the 67. :D

1967 SS/RS L35 Clone with a few day 2ish mods. Aluminum diff cover, Lakewood Traction bars, Weiand intake, aluminum radiator and electric fan. Car was purchased by my father in 2004 and after his passing in '06 I began the finishing of the restoration. 396ci, Muncie M-21 and 12 bolt 3.73 posi.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
Love the old school 67, Cook.

·
14,264 Posts
Ok guys. Lets see what you have.:beers:

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 68 - simple, clean, mean. Prior to me, original owner had for 38 years. "Palomino White" - only 1% color in '68, total 760 cars. Special ordered per the tag/docs. Thanks

Moderator note: Jon I fixed your links to be image tags and at the the correct resolution to be legal entries. I also changed your optional fourth picture to the better looking over all shot in your share than your license tag. If you prefer the rear end picture I'll swap it out for you. I also merged the two posts.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Jonz68....I like the poverty caps on your wheels but cant see what they are. Are they the 68 version? I was going to run poverty caps but they won't fit the rally wheel so I ran down a set of 14x7 steelies. See pict in my signature. Jimmie

·
Registered
4,491 Posts

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Already took care of it since I was creating the vote poll today so it would be ready. Only five entries this month? You have six days left to nominate your ride!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you Brian, much appreciated. (my Flickr would not work correctly when I tried to correct)
Pics are fine as is,.....good call.

Jimmie: nope, not 68 correct. I had to improvise. With the 4 wheel-disc, I have to run 15", or better. These were the only ones I found that I liked, and looked close enough to what I was going for with the steel rims. At least they do have the Chevy emblem in the center. - Jon

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mike - While I would not call 2006 "Recent" I'll accept it if you include the list of mods as it is clear she is not stock. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mike - While I would not call 2006 "Recent" I'll accept it if you include the list of mods as it is clear she is not stock. :)
The interior pic and the side view pic were from yesterday but ok here goes car was all original when I purchased it with a 230 6 cyl and powerglide it now has a 355 and turbo 350 trans still has original 10 bolt rearend however I made it posi with 3.73 gears also replaced the shifter from the column to floor as seen in the pic, sorry I used the old pics but the car pretty much looks the same

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
922 Posts
C'mon guys...is this all there is? Some darn nice cars thus far, but, I never get tired of seeing more!:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.