Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
14,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
August 2018 Team Camaro RIDE of the MONTH

The Month of August ROTM is for all Generations

This is the time for anybody to enter whatever you have and your short story. The voters will judge based on their interpretation of Vote for the Worst Title this month.

So enter what you have including project cars and good luck

The Team Camaro Ride Of The Month is sponsored by

One Grand Prize Winner receives from NPD:
T-shirts, hats, license plate, decals, NOS GM sales brochure or other period marketing items from Rick's personal
collection, and a $100 gift certificate!

The 1st Runner-up receives from Matts Classic Bowties a $50 Gift Certificate

Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through August 20th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
Submissions posted after
23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 20th will not be included in the competition for this month

VOTING:

August 21st through the 31th : A Voting thread with poll will be added to this forum
section on the 21st containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote on their favorite. The person with the most
votes by
MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 31th of August will be the winner for
the month of August 2018.

In the event of a tie the winner will be the contestant that entered 1st

All nominations:
Must post three (3) Recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels.

These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.

• one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.

• Limit description of your entry to 150 words or less

Optional: A fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front,
or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street or Protouring entry and have mods listed in
your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc.

Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Come on guys, put some cars in.

So I got home from work today to find a box from NPD. It was the swag from winning the ROTM. Thanks again for all the entered and voted. The prize pack is pretty good . I got a $100.00 gift certificate, 2 tee shirts, a hat, 2 drink coozies, 2 license plate covers, and a die cast 69 camaro key chain.

Its like the lottery... Can't win if you don't enter. Lets see some cars!

·
14,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So nobody has a car they want to enter this month?

Where are all the guys that wanted me to keep this going?

Project Cars, Drivers, POS in need of work. Enter you car and tell your story.

Surely a $100 or $50 Gift Cert would come in handy.

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
I'd enter a few of my restoration at beginning stages as they were pretty awful, but I am assuming pics have to be current condition?

·
14,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes current condition

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is my 1967 Camaro. I purchased the car just about a year ago and have been restoring it since. I always dreamed of having a 1st gen Camaro growing up and I have been saving for this car a long time. I found this car on craigslist and have been restoring it ever since. I don't have the amazing skills some of you guys do here but I'm learning every day on this car and trying to do it right!
Currently the car has an L34 396 and is running good. It still requires some interior work, reupolstery and such as well as a new coat of paint due to the poor job of the previous owner but this car is coming along!

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
Here is the Camaro I have owned the longest. I bought it in 1992 because it was a 4spd not because it was a vert. I actually didn't care for open cars back then :surprise:
327 2bl
Saginaw 4spd (on order form M20 box is checked)
Original top as is all the interior including carpet
I added 67/68 disc brakes along with 15 inch wheels in 07 to enjoy it more. Got off the anal wagon about keeping it original even though it still is very much so.
It was ordered from Spain by the O.O. who also painted it in 1969. He said from shopping cart 'damage' and then he added that cheesy side trim which I peeled off.
I also broke the back window like a jackass putting the top down on that COLD March night I bought it:eek:
IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_9725.jpg

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Here is my 1967 Camaro. I purchased the car just about a year ago and have been restoring it since. I always dreamed of having a 1st gen Camaro growing up and I have been saving for this car a long time. I found this car on craigslist and have been restoring it ever since. I don't have the amazing skills some of you guys do here but I'm learning every day on this car and trying to do it right!
Currently the car has an L34 396 and is running good. It still requires some interior work, reupolstery and such as well as a new coat of paint due to the poor job of the previous owner but this car is coming along!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/m...o3i8z1F0xqAx5N79NIGWHhMIbprEzY-WkZ=w1680-h913

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/g...h5jQPo15TP-UhM0osIU35kouxHL7U9wTsP=w1680-h913

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/z...sRsMl2RgBtqsfmMuq9SYnZXKV27xagTEAg=w1680-h913

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/W...4r6bhoQ82_AINfYRDZZEmELZm_clcYXEfQ=w1680-h913

403. That’s an error.Your client does not have permission to get URL /gAVwLXYxcnT4zIakeUizX2YbGwvqOLf3Bx4TsgNJYPqjcCwsiYh5jQPo15TP-UhM0osIU35kouxHL7U9wTsP=w1680-h913 from this server. (Client IP address: 172.77.255.106)

Forbidden That’s all

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Not sure if I have the worst or the best. My wife spotted my Z on US 13 in Smyrna, Delaware in 1999, 15 minutes from our house. I went and checked it out, looked on this site, and realized this was a true X33D80 with all the gauges and dash tach. Paid $7500.00 a few days later and have been trying to correct it's misgivings ever since. 83,000 original miles. Last paint job, and quarter skins were installed in 1987 according to one of the last owners. Always been garaged from what I learned. Don't know which owner installed the dash wood grain but it's long gone now. I believe this is a flat hood and manual steering Z as well.

Attachments

Reactions: 68Tiger

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/m...o3i8z1F0xqAx5N79NIGWHhMIbprEzY-WkZ=w1680-h913

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/g...h5jQPo15TP-UhM0osIU35kouxHL7U9wTsP=w1680-h913

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/z...sRsMl2RgBtqsfmMuq9SYnZXKV27xagTEAg=w1680-h913

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/W...4r6bhoQ82_AINfYRDZZEmELZm_clcYXEfQ=w1680-h913

403. That’s an error.Your client does not have permission to get URL /gAVwLXYxcnT4zIakeUizX2YbGwvqOLf3Bx4TsgNJYPqjcCwsiYh5jQPo15TP-UhM0osIU35kouxHL7U9wTsP=w1680-h913 from this server. (Client IP address: 172.77.255.106)

Forbidden That’s all
That means the photos are not available to the public, and or the photos are not in a special folder created that is public. So at this point only the owner can see them when their cookie is logged into their Google account.

This is why Google Photos is not a very good photo sharing service. It is very difficult to create and maintain a truly public folder that is available to anyone not logged into any type of google account.

Amazon Prime members also get free photo space that is a bit easier to share.

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Worst? Don't know if I'm following the intent but I'll give it a shot! :smile2:

I bought my pile 5 years ago...it was 2 miles from my home on eBay. I contacted the seller because I wanted to see it and he had 3 he already had built. This one he was just trying to get rid of. He asked if I ever restored one before, and I said no not to that extreme. I had just completed an 82 Firebird but it needed minimal bodywork. Told him I couldn't afford what the bid on eBay was anyway, I've just always wanted to have one since I was a 12 year old kid. Well, he found out that the high bidder was a builder in town.....apparently didn't like him so called me and told me that 12 year year old kid should get his car. We shook hands and I picked it up with a flatbed. I immediately was in over my head.....but the saving grace was TC. Otherwise I would have never gotten this far.

I'm sure many of you have seen my marathon build. Here is the day I got it.

Current

And an engine pick..LS 6.0 build

·
14,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet dudes. We have a race

Good luck to all. And if anybody else want to toss there hat in the ring you have 1 week. 🏆

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Took title to this 67 in early 69. I had it on the road more or less till I got married in 76. Its occupied the space its in now since 84. Its a restomod in process. I intend to do all except paint and body. I work on it when I can. I hope to get the other frame tie cut in this afternoon, we will see. So far its got a Quadralink, Strange S60 floater, back Wilwoods, Tanks tank & pump setup, AAW classic upgrade harness, a lot of panels changed, retro radio, steering column rebuilt, odds and ends, dunno if it will be done before I retire or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
That means the photos are not available to the public, and or the photos are not in a special folder created that is public. So at this point only the owner can see them when their cookie is logged into their Google account.

This is why Google Photos is not a very good photo sharing service. It is very difficult to create and maintain a truly public folder that is available to anyone not logged into any type of google account.

Amazon Prime members also get free photo space that is a bit easier to share.

Brian
It's possibly working now thanks to your suggestion. Thanks!

·
14,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Here is the current condition of my 69 convertible. I bought her out of Florida after seeing it on eBay. It was in much worse condition in person so I was able to negotiate a reasonable deal that included delivery! It came with all the parts that came off the car except for engine and transmission. The car has all GM sheet metal but needs firewall, trunk pan and floor pan. I’m planning an LS engine with overdrive transmission. She’s rough but has potential.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Now all of y'all have some cars that I can relate to.

I love the entries so far!

Reactions: 350sshugger

·
14,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Worst build contender... :grin2:

I can relate to builds in progress... Hopefully this year, I'll have her mobile. Project started the first of 2014, I drove it in the shop and started the tear down.
I'm not a car show guy, I can appreciate really nice cars and the work behind them, but I'm building her to drive and abuse. She has a custom rear parallel 4 link with panhard bar, LS platform backed with a 4L80E and 9" housing all controlled with a Holley fuel injection. I plan to matte black the exterior with some rattle can magic, auto cross it, drag race it, cruise it with the wife, and pick up groceries on the way home.

Tearing down is the easy part, every DIY builder knows the struggle of getting her back together. Limited knowledge, lack up time, expense, etc.... This forum has helped a ton, not sure I could have made it this far without the help of the members.

Untitled by zboss86, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 24 Posts