Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm in the process of installing the smaller autometer guages in the dash, i believe they are 3 3/8" black faced sport comp. they look pretty good and still fit behind the lens assemblies, so the signal lights can be retained. I had to hack the dash up pretty good though. can't comment on any visibility issues with both lenses yet as i haven't driver the car in a while, still finishing up winter projects. I'll try to post a pic, gotta work till 11 tonight, maybe tomorrow. - Rob

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hey JcGc,
I installed them on mine. It is pretty much a custom install. I still have to do some finish work on them. The spedo on the left, tach on the right and I put a fuel gauge in the middle. I have 4 matching gauges in the customized 97 Camaro center console. I was thinking about putting a smoked plexi over them but I'm not sre if I will. They are mounted from the back and I custom made the filler panel around them. I tried with the gauge bezels on the out side of the finish panel but I opted for the "sunken" look as you see in the pics. Here are a few pictures of the set up. Sorry for the crappy pictures. They actually look better in person than in the pics.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It wasn't too hard to do. It took some time to get it all mocked up and make the filler panels. I made cardboard templates. Once it got them perfect, I traced them onto sheet metal and then cut them out. I made a few brackets and attached the gauges from the back and dropped the fillers over the top of them. There are turn signal lights and a high beam indicator (red bowtie) below the fuel gauge. I also used a Painless 12 pin connector on the harness I made for the assembly, so I can unplug one connector if I have to remove the whole assembly if needed. Overall I'm pleased with how it all turned out out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts