Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running these under dash in their pods on a '67-'69 Camaro? I have some and want to run them under dash in the center, below the ashtray. How do you like them there? I'm not going to pay for factory gauges for the console, when I have these and know that they are far superior. I wouldn't run them at all, but I'm cursed with having the dreaded Tic-Toc-Tach with the 6000rpm redline. I plan on running my liquid filled oil pressure and water temp. AutoMeters, and the Pro-Comp electric fuel gauge and a volt meter. I have the amp meter already, but figure that a volt meter is alot safer. Thanks for the info. in advance.
Rick
'68 SS 427
'66 Yenko

[This message has been edited by YenkoYS100 (edited 03-19-2000).]

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
You should look for an aftermarket guage shroud (holds 4 round gauges) that mounts like factory in the console! I saw one at Steve's Camaro in San Bruno, CA for about $30.00 I am sure Ground Up or one of the other speciality shops should have this setup!!!

------------------
...DjD
Topless'69
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by DjD (edited 03-19-2000).]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJD> Thanks!!! I never knew that such a thing existed. Sounds like it would be just what I need. This place and all the people here, are Great!!!
Thanks Again, Rick

·
Registered
999 Posts
i knew a guy who mounted them in the cups and mounted under the dash around the same area that your talking about. it looked pretty nice. he put them on a angle so he could see them better. but depending on how many gauges your going to mount under the dash, you could buy a chrome or black mounting panel that holds the amount your going to use. you can get them from jegs or summit also.
later,
bruce

·
Registered
88 Posts
DJD, Is that gauge pod designed for the 68-69 style consoles or the 67? I face the same situation as the original post for my 67. Spend $500+ for adding original style gauges or mounting a mechanical 3 gauge Autometer setup.

------------------
Jeff Bradway - my resto page: http://67camaro.virtualave.net

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have a 3 gauge pod mounted in that location. I think its fine. I really don't look at them as much as I thought I would, but they are nice just in case.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See the car under construction at:

http://www/geocities.com/gheatly/camaro.html

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I saw on the Auto Meter web page that they make a 4 gauge pod that fits into the front part of a factory council, check it out it may be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I mounted auto meter gages ( 3 cluster ) under my ash tray, 67, looks and works great! If you haven"t ordered your gages yet one thing to remember a fluid filled gage is not as accurate as a non-fluid gage. When a fluid gage is exposed to cold tempetures, the fluid tends to get heavy and restricks the needle operation. A fluid gage is ment for a high vibration application. Inside a car they realy aren't needed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great options! Now I wont be able to make up my mind.

Rick
'68 SS 427
'66 Yenko #YS-100

1 - 12 of 12 Posts