Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was originally a column shifted auto, but I converted to floor mount B&M about 10 years ago. So I cut the wires for the neutral safety/back-up light switch and just put a female connector on each one. Now I have an original shifter (floor mount now)with the original style nuetral safety/back-up light switch. I am trying to figure out which set of male prongs on the original switch belong to either neutral safety or back-up lights. All my manuals show a connector, but not the specific of which prongs belong to which switch. I can't just hook them up becuase my front clip/motor/trans/wiring harness (you get the idea) are no longer attached to the car. There are two sets of prongs. One set is basically vertical on the fron of the switch, with the other horizontal on the top of the switch. All that explanation for this question... which is which?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Use an ohm meter or test light and move the shifter. the rev light will connect in rev, the nuetral saftly will connect in nuetral and park. I think the front connector is the neutral but can't remember for sure.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts