Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dont take my word for it. Follow this link and see all the others that have complainted about a similiar Problems like mine below. Want to know what separates a GOOD transport FROM A BAD ONE? It all comes down to how a company handles a PROBLEM WHEN IT ARISES!!

http://www.transportreviews.com/company/autobahn-transportation.asp

I cant believe these people!! They are suppose to have a good reputation but let me tell you a little story about them!! They delivered a car to me that I bought to sell to someone else. First off, they give me a time frame of 6:00 pm. The guy comes barreling into my neighborhood knocking on my front door at 11:00 PM!! OK... so I go outside in the freezing cold and the guy starts up the car and I keep hearing the car shutting off and a GOD aweful scraping noise. I go into the truck and the friging exhaust is DRAGGING ON THE GROUND!! The driver said it was like that when he loaded it and couldnt help damaging it when he loaded it. He said his trailer was not equipt to handle a low clearance car!! THEN WHY DID YOU LOAD IT? I SAID. He looked at me with a dumb founded look like uhhh because I had to. I spent an hour and a half trying to build make shift ramps with wood and all to get the car out of the trailer. This guy stood there looking at me the whole time!!! The exhaust was ruined!!!

So I call AUTOBAHN and they say they have no record of this happening. I said well it did and you can call the guy who delivered it as well as the guy who sold me the vehicle and he will verify it as well. They said they would get back to me when the driver returned in two days... Four days later still not call, so I call Sam and Thomas at Autobahn and they said sorry we delivered the car and it is your problem. MY PROBLEM??? I asked for $150 OUT OF THE $1000 dollars they charged me and they basically told me sorry but we are not doing anything about it!! It is not our responsibility we are only responsible for delivering the car not for unloading it!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? DONT USE AUTOBAHN, upon other inquires I have found that they have some bad feedback!! They tend to contract out drivers along with their own drivers as was proven from the driver. He said he was independent and that they contracted him out even though AUTOBAHN DENIES IT!!! DONT TAKE THE CHANCE WITH THESE GUYS!! GO with Intercity, Schillings, Exotic Transport or a host of other REPUTABLE PEOPLE. The proof of what separates a GOOD company from a SHAM company is how they deal with problems!!!

MARK

·
Registered
484 Posts
I hear you loud ans clear. I have been trying to arrange transport for a 69 oroject car for 2 days now.30 quotes and everybody wants a $1.000. or more to transport. You have to go with somebody Reputable . Transport co.all have brokers who all get a piece of the price.They sell your contract to other co. If there is damage on your vehicle,they will not cover it 100% . .A good one is (ask the broker if your vehicle will be on the same truck that it got loaded on).I need transport from AZ to N.Y.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what ever you do DONT USE AUTOBAHN!!! Use SCHILLING SPECIALIZED or Intercity!! Those two are awesome. I have used them countless times before but unfortunately at the time the car was ready to go, They were not available. I should have waited but thought I would try another SO CALLED REPUTABLE company!! Lesson learned!!! the hard way!!

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.