Team Camaro Tech banner

AutoCrossing in North East-

6K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  Blueraj 
#1 ·
Does anyone else Autocross their Camaros in the North East? I Feel alone at events.

#8 ·
Thank you, i had the car since 2008, and have been slowly working on it. The wheels are 18" staggered with hankook ventus summer tires (haven't bought slicks yet)
The suspension was redone, poly bushings; swaybars; shocks and springs with a 2" drop.
I just finished the interior with TMI's Deluxe Sport seats that i hope will help keep me in the seat. (i chose these so i can keep the traditional look). I also changed the steering wheel to a 14" billet wheel.
I will put a pic up of the seats.
To Do List?- Tubular control arms; subframe connectors; and quadra-link rear.

#14 ·
Would 3-point seat belts be out of the question? I know you want to keep the interior as original looking as possible, and it looks GREAT, but the belts (Morris) really won't look out of place, and coupled with your seats will be a lot more secure.
I'm itching to autocross but I'm lacking proper wheels\tires and shocks right now.

#16 ·
Blueraj,

Where do get a calendar of events? I'm in NNJ but I'm out in LI/Queens alot. I'd like to run my 68 through the cones to see how I do before I redo my suspension setup.

Also do you have manual or power steering?

Plans are for a BMR setup once I do some more research about them (anyone here have any feedback about their torque arm kit - searching now).

#22 ·
No Problem! I would definitely like to attend the TOBAY events (NY Porsche club). its a nice big lot, and you can get some speed on it.
it will be cold March 11th but i should be there. BTW, if you camaro isn't ready you should just run another car, they even have loaner helmets there. i believe the charge is $40-$50 at signup. Send me a PM if your gonna go.

#23 ·
Thx 67rally, just over looked the post about them being TMI. So, does he like them? Do they work? Worth the $$$?

Maybe I over looked that as well

#24 ·
Blueraj,

I'm going to try to make it to the March 11th date with my car. Figure the best thing is to just get out there and do it instead of overanalyzing it. Would be a good baseline for me as well.

A couple of questions for you:
1. - How does your car handle the track? Pics look like you have no problem whipping it around!
2. - Are you running power or manual steering? I have manual and wonder if that will have any significant effect.
3. - How big is the course? How fast can you get up to?

Thanks in advance and hope to see you there on the 11th.

#28 · (Edited)
Blueraj,

I'm going to try to make it to the March 11th date with my car. Figure the best thing is to just get out there and do it instead of overanalyzing it. Would be a good baseline for me as well.

A couple of questions for you:
1. - How does your car handle the track? Pics look like you have no problem whipping it around!
2. - Are you running power or manual steering? I have manual and wonder if that will have any significant effect.
3. - How big is the course? How fast can you get up to?

Thanks in advance and hope to see you there on the 11th.
Answers:
1-Car handles great now, after a 2" drop utilzing springs;shocks;swaybars (front and rear); and all new poly bushings throuout the car and front end.
2-Power steering, but have to change the box to fast ration because too many turns from lock to lock and alot of play. I did change the steering wheel, i hope that helps this year. Last year it felt like i was racing a clothes dryer with door knobs bouncing around. The OE wheel was huge, 16". The manual steering may be a benifit in road feel, since there is lot of play in my steering box.
3-The TOBAY lot is really big, the Nassau lot is nice, kinda big but bumpy.You can see 50-60MPH in straight stretches, but you'll have a hairpin turn usually right after.

#26 ·
I just found this list of events on the NEr Porsche Club of America site. These events are held at Ft. Devens in Ayer, MA. I'm going try to hit a couple of them this year.

------------------------------------------

2012 Autocross Event Dates
NER Autocross School- Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sponsored by Conway Autoworks

NER Autocross School at Fort Devens in Ayer, MA Gates open at 7:00 AM. Classroom instruction begins at 8:45 AM. On track sessions commence at 9:30 AM. Lunch will be provided to all participants. This event is pre-register only. Please do not show up and expect to register at the gate

For more information, contact Bill Seymour.

NER Autocross #1- Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sponsored by Firefly's

NER Autocross #1 at Fort Devens in Ayer, MA
Gates open at 7:00 AM, Registration opens at 7:15 AM, Registration closes at 8am sharp; runs start at 9:15 AM

NER Autocross #2- Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sponsored by German Motors

NER Autocross #2 at Fort Devens in Ayer, MA
Gates open at 7:00 AM,Registration opens at 7:15 AM, Registration closes at 8am sharp; runs start at 9:15 AM

NER Autocross #3- Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sponsored by Mike's Autobody

NER Autocross #3 at Fort Devens in Ayer, MA
Gates open at 7:00 AM,Registration opens at 7:15 AM, Registration closes at 8am sharp; runs start at 9:15 AM

NER Autocross #4- Sunday, September 22, 2012

Sponsored by Autobahn Performance

NER Autocross #4 at Fort Devens in Ayer, MA

Zone 1 Autocross - Saturday/Sunday August 25-26

Fort Devens in Ayer, MA

This is not part of the NER Autocross Series

http://zone1.pca.org/2011_Zone_1_Autocross.pdf

NER Autocross #5- Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sponsored by Auto Engineering

NER Autocross #5 at Fort Devens in Ayer, MA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.