Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the new super muncie trannys from Autogear..?? Looking to get a trans for my current project..been reading good things..any feedback is appreciated..

wilma

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
We have been more concerned about the A/G OD Muncie that seem's to be forever put on hold!!

Do a search here as well as over on Big Brother, (Team Chevelle), b/c this was recently brought back up from the dead..

pdq67

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Nothing but good things to say here. Running the M22 and love it. It's a little tight when new but after the break in it's smooth as silk.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Same here. It's a terrific tranny.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have one n my 69z28 its an m-22wr. As posted above ite tight when new but silky smooth when broken in. I have a couple thousand miles on it now. My only complaint is an occasional drip from the vent after long highway run. I called autogear and they said to run it with less oil and that should solve the problem. I haven't had a chance to try it yet as there is still snow on the ground. They were also working on a longer input shaft to account for the thickness of a block plate last spring. All in all I really like it and it fits great.

·
Registered
540 Posts
John looks like you put that tranmission in a 67. My question is did you have to use the 69 installation kit because of the 67 u-bolt type not fitting around the bigger tail housing? I put one in my 67 and this is what i had to do now i'm looking for a 69 shifter stick to get the shifter over further to the driver to fit in the stock console. just wondering did you run into these same issues? thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
We have been more concerned about the A/G OD Muncie that seem's to be forever put on hold!!

Do a search here as well as over on Big Brother, (Team Chevelle), b/c this was recently brought back up from the dead..

pdq67
Is that the autogear M21Y ?

After I complete my suspension the motor and trans are next.
What kind of comparisons between these trans and a T56?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
What are the prices on the A/G Muncies?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts