Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering if automatic cars came from the factory with both a Tachometer and the console gauge cluster? Could this have been a special options package of some sort?

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
You ought to be a little more specific about your car, but generally speaking, I'm not aware of any mutual dependencies between those options. You could have an automatic transmission w/o a tach, or a console for that matter. My 67 has a PG transmission, a console and no tach or gauge cluster.

PS: It does have a WORKING clock, of which I am immeasurably proud :yes:

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Hi,

I was just wondering if automatic cars came from the factory with both a Tachometer and the console gauge cluster? Could this have been a special options package of some sort?

Thanks!
In 67-68 you had to order RPO D55 (console) and RPO U17 (special instruments) to get the tach. This is also true for 69 but if you ordered RPO U16 you got the tach.(in place of the clock) without having to order the console and other instruments.
Bob

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cool! What time ya got? :)
Well, it's 18:53 out here, so I reckon I must be about ten hours faster than you, eat your heart out! Don't know about the quarter mile, though :beers:

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Any V8 car could be ordered with the gauge package. In 69 if you didn't have a console you could order just the tach, and would get a centermounted fuel gauge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts