Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a th350 auto trans with a shift kit in the car now, my question is I have been seeing several shifters for sale such as the B&M quicksilver shifter or the hurst mega shifter, sold without the cables and other connecting parts, do I need those parts if I already have the existing cables, linkage etc. Or are those parts unique to the shifters and cannot be installed without them? Thanks-Ryan

·
Registered
963 Posts
ryan,
most shifters are sold with the cable. I have and have had both Hurst and B&M shifters and they both came with cables. If your unsure when you go to order one, just ask to be sure.
Bruce

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My plan is to pick one up used, without the cable, sorry I didnt make that clear, is it possible to use the existing cable I have now?

X

·
0 Posts
I don't think you can use your old one. I would be safe and buy the whole kit. I just bought a B&M Mega-shifter and there are all kinds of little parts in there. I was gonna buy a used one but I'm really glad I didn't.

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM Package- TH350
<LI>2000 Gmc Sonoma - 5-speed 4.10 rear
[/list]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tony, just today I ran into a guy at the gas station and he wants to sell me a complete shifter and will help me install it as well, so I think I am set, thanks-Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts