Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the pods yet? i ordered from summit tonite,they told me 14 day back order! anyone heard anything more from autometer?

------------------
68 convertible...ZZ4, ect
67 base coupe - all orig!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah, Quickchevy, I ordered one from Summit, but ended up sending it back, I had the guage size wrong and the pod couldn't hold the guages I have (Autometer 2 5/8"). The pod holds a smaller size guage. I can't afford to buy all new guages right now, so I'll have to tackle this at another time. The quality is alright, though I didn't put it in, so as to the actual fit, I can't tell you. It's suprising they didn't start making this a long time ago. If anyone else is interested in ordering this piece, the part number is
ATM-10002 and Summit price is $37.99.

------------------
1969 RS/SS CAMARO
350 / 4 spd. Rallye Green

·
Registered
647 Posts
What size of gauges is it supposed to hold?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Brad74....I just looked at Autometer's web site to see what it looked like. It takes 2-1/16" gauges. I've got a 67 so the pod doesn't work for me.

------------------
Mark M.
Red 67 Convertible
Red Deluxe Interior
383/Tremec 5 Speed
4 Wheel Disk

·
Registered
57 Posts
1NAST69 - I agree with you; I always hated the way my 3 guage cluster looked mounted under the radio and I have been looking for a product like this for years. You said quality appeared to be good. Does it match the grain of the console? Does it have any trim attached? I have the autometer 2000 supplement but it is difficult to make out the details.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm with you Ray I never liked the way mine looked either. I had AutoMeter's 3-guage pod with 2 1/16" mechanicals (~$50) and bought the console guage pod. It looks great - you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Add my name to the list of happy people. I ordered my pod from Summit a month ago. Glad I ordered when I did.

You do need the 2-1/16" gauges. I ordered the Phantom series oil press, temp, volt, and tranny temp. They look great with the grren cover on the bulbs.

All around very happy with them, look more natural then my old gauges underneath the dash.

Ray, the pod is black. comes with all mounting hardware but does not have the wood grain. Looks great though.

[This message has been edited by SAyers69 (edited 07-26-2000).]

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have them also and am very satisfied. I went with the Ultra-Lite gauges (silver face). For anyone that missed it, this was discussed alot about a month or so ago and I posted pictures mounted on the console. Do a search and you shouldn't have any trouble finding the link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts