Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just curious. I installed a AutoMeter Gauge Pod in the console of my 69. Is it just me or are the rear gauges too far back to be easily viewed? I've not put the seats in yet but suppect that will raise my point of view further and make it even more difficult. Hmm...JCC1969

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your right! I installed a pod last year, and I ended up putting a clockin the back, left hole, and a volt meter in the back right. I have to bend to see the clock, (not very often!) and the voltmeter seems kind of far back too.
Not too sure if the angle rings would work or not?? It seems to be a distance problem, not an angle problem.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Wait 'til you instal the front seats, mines are a little far, but I can see them fairly well. JMO :rolleyes:

·
Registered
920 Posts
The angle rings will NOT help and do not fit this application.

I helped develop these pods for Autometer a few years back (four to be exact) receiving the first one off the mold so to speak. I fed back what I thought of the product and gave them a thumbs up with my anecdotal experience.

First, I am 6'2" and could NOT see the back of my stock gauges anywho from my seating position, so these were no worse or better.

I would put the Temperature and Oil pressure up front. The voltage is really innert because if you have a problem it's not going to waste your engine.... and fuel can take a back seat as well whereas if you are prudent it's not a biggy either. So, I think the two critical "watches" are oil pressure and temperature.

Clock?....we don't need no stinking clock? That's what wrist watches were invented for.... ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I still didn't look to see once I bolted the seats down. Too big of a hurry to bolt parts on the car. I aggree with the oil and temp. being placed up front. I stuck the volt and trans. temp in the back. I'll let you know if I can see them. Still better than idiot lights. Thanks for the feedback...JCC1969

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Originally posted by JCC1969:
Hmm, I still didn't look to see once I bolted the seats down. Too big of a hurry to bolt parts on the car. I aggree with the oil and temp. being placed up front. I stuck the volt and trans. temp in the back. I'll let you know if I can see them. Still better than idiot lights. Thanks for the feedback...JCC1969
Mine are positioned like yours and I have to lean over just a bit to see the volt meter in the left rear position. I'm not tall, 5' 10"

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Originally posted by daverichard:
Orench,

The leather wrap on your steering wheel looks great! Where did you get that done? About how much did it cost? That could be the perfect answer to my steering wheel condition problem. Thanks!
It's a custom size ordered, Wheelskins leather cover. ± $34. Be prepared, look for some leather gloves, took me 1:15 to sewn it tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts