Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked through the search field but couldn't find much on this particular question. I remember asking questions for installation on dash guages and asked if anyone had mounted guages in the a/c slot in the center dash of a '68. One person had done so and said he utilized the black stereo material as a template to install gauges. I got the material, cut to fit and drilled 2 1/16 holes for the guages as he did. When I installed one gauge and put it in place to have a look, the gauge was pointing so far downward because of the angle that you can't see it. I have the angle rim peices coming from summit for the gauges to see if that will point them upward enough but I am not sure this will be enough. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone done this or seen it done. I really wanted them mounted there for the look and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

------------------
1968 Camaro, 383 Stroker, 450hp @5400rpm, 3.73 10-bolt
Lots of body and interior work to do now and it's all
new to me, lots of advice to ask for, thanks in advance

·
Registered
241 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have any answers for you, but am close to doing the very same thing on my 67. Please keep us posted on how it turns out, with pictures if possible. I think that is an excellent place to put them, if as you are finding out, you can work out these minor kinks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do that (pictures). I should get the rings today I hope and will install this week. again i hope this brings them into view, I have no other ideas as of yet. If it looks good then I will have an aluminum plate made for the final finish. Will update soon....

------------------
1968 Camaro, 383 Stroker, 450hp @5400rpm, 3.73 10-bolt
Lots of body and interior work to do now and it's all
new to me, lots of advice to ask for, thanks in advance

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update....I got the rings in and installed the 3 gauges. As expected it didn't straighten them up perfectly. They are still looking downward slightly, but not enough to really worry about. It definitely looks good to me. I am going to take the plastic template I made and have one made out of aluminum. I will have pictures to follow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts