Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My electronic speedo quit working, I replaced the sending unit that goes on the trans. I went throuh the calibration procedure, after driveing the two miles, I stoped the car and hit the trip, speedo shoud have gone from half scale to zero, it stayed at at half scale 80 mph. Any ideasof what can be wrong? This is a Autometer gauge. Thanks

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Re: Autometer speedo stoped working

When you were driving was the odometer counting up like crazy? That is the speedo counting the number of pulses it sees from the speed sensor.
It its not counting, I would pull the speedo out and with the rear on jack stands, put an AC volt meter on the signal wire and see if you get anything (voltage should increase with speed)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Odometer was not counting,All wiring was normal, I changed the sensor thinking it was bad, alot cheeper than the odometer, I will recheck wiring. and do as you say, thanks for the info..also spedo gear was o.k.in trans,thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thinking hard about going back to a Mechanical Speedo! frutrated

·
Super Moderator
32,598 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well last week I gave up and almost went back to a machanical speedo, but I could not find what speedo cable to get, . Well I gave it one more shot. I rewired every thing, and I knew I had it when at the start of my 2 Mile mark I hit the trip and it started counting. Just wanted to let everyone know who helped me ,Thanks !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts