Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the Autometer 5", in-dash speedo and tach for my 67 Bird. My question is, what did you guys do about the printed circuit board?

I know how I'm going to handle everything but the alternator light. Seems that I remember something about the light being more than just a light. Is this the case?

If not, can I just bypass the board and go straight to the ignition switch?

Chad

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lil' help guys. I just need to know if I bypass the alternator light, will it affect anything?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,648 Posts
Hey Spongebob, on my autometer setup I didn't worry the alternator light. I just ran a voltmeter to monitor the electrical system. When you install the speedo and tach you don't even install the printed circuit board. You end up losing the turn signals and all of the warning lights. I ran "12 Volt built in resistor LED's" from Radio Shack (only $2 a piece) for turn signals and mounted them inside the bezel. You could do the same for the other warning lights or install gauges for those other systems. Those LED's are only a 2 wire hook-up (pos/ground), really simple to install. I also put in a 12 pin (I think) quick disconnect harness so if I ever take the assembly out all I have to do is unplug it. The overall wiring is pretty much straight forward. If you have anymore questions let me know and I can even email you some pictures of my installation. Hope this answers your question.

Chris

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That solved my problem. Thanks Chris!!!

Actually, I'd like to see the pictures. Shoot 'em over when you get a chance.

[This message has been edited by Spongebob (edited 10-07-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts