Team Camaro Tech banner

what do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you use while working under your Camaro or car?..:)

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Just lift it up and stand under it...

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
If your on the ground and on jack stands a creeper is just to high most of the time. Cardboard has tow functions. It catches stuff like dirt and oil and makes it easy to move around on driveways. Now if your working in the dirt it performs 3 functions.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
In the Camaro's garage space, my clothes. Otherwise a piece of cardboard.:beers:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your on the ground and on jack stands a creeper is just to high most of the time. Cardboard has tow functions. It catches stuff like dirt and oil and makes it easy to move around on driveways. Now if your working in the dirt it performs 3 functions.

Joe
:thumbsup: ..haha i knew i wasnt alone in this!..i have a few creepers but i dont use any of them.. they are just good to look at..

·
Super Moderator
32,778 Posts
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one using cardboard. Have done the same (de)feats all of you have witnessed first hand.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I use old bed sheets to lay on when underneath the car. It's much better than laying on the cold concrete. I just throw them away after they get dirty. I also have a hard time with creepers. I don't like them. It seems no matter how high I jack the car up, there is never enough room under the car when I am on a creeper.

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
The workshop has a 2 and 4 posters so not an issue
The Home workshop, carpet.
Every so often a 2nd hand carpet turns up where ppl re carpet their house...
Cut to size so all 4 wheels can park on it...
Drop a spark plug, no problems
oil spillage no problems
Water spill...dries out
By the time the carpet is knackered, another turns up.
The one I have at the moment came with underlay foam, even better

A carpet square also looks sort of 'luxury workshop'

·
Registered
542 Posts
I use cardboard , but why is it every time you drop a bolt, nut or wrench it ends up under the cardboard and you need to slide back out and start searching :confused:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
At home I almost always use my creeper. :yes: At the track time an space are an issue so I just slide under right on the ground. :noway:
The funny thing is when I change the oil on my truck I just roll underneath no jack needed.:hurray:
Truth is I'm just to lazy to put forth the effort it takes to pull the jack that 20' out of the garage and raise it up.:clonk:

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
I lift the car with my left hand and work with both of my right hands to get'er done.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,188 Posts
I have a creeper but I tend to use cardboard more often than not

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Naked....but I scare the neighbors;) I just use cardboard or clothes and do the "shoulder crawl" :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts