Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired
26,616 Posts
It's all about quality not bling... There are some of us that have them as part of an experiment left over from many years ago but the membership here really didnt want them...

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Hey Dennis. Was there a poll on this or what? I don't remember putting in my 2 cents worth. I find it a bit unusual that avatars aren't aloud. You say many years ago, this may have changed since then. I don't know what others think about, but I kind of like the idea myself, at least for the paid members anyway. Just a thought.

·
19,786 Posts
LOL....and here it is again ;)

I could care less either way.....IF the Mgt. of the site deems it OK to have them, I would even propose they could be submitted for approval first ?

·
Retired
26,616 Posts
The people running the site do not frequent the site. If someone convinced them to turn on Avatars they wouldn't hang around and monitor their usage. It would be left up to the moderators who would not have access to control them. That would mean the moderators would have to pull teeth to get an avatar removed or added and their only recourse with someone that doesn't want to play nice with their choice of avatar would be to ban them...

The bottom line is the system in place here is such that the folks running the site say "if you want something just ask"... Back before I retired from "Administrator" we spent months working to get the sites skin to look the same in every forum. It's still not straightened out! At the same time we were supposed to get a new face lift (graphic's, logo etc) on the main Camaros.net page in the end it was set back to a generic out of the can page... My point is because of the departmental ways the site is maintained and the number of sites they have nobody can spend enough time on a project to finish anything that takes more than a few minutes!

·
15,370 Posts
Unfortunately Dennis is right. Before the site was owned by a conglomerate, changes like allowing avatars was easy and could be controlled and handled on-the-fly. A poll and member vote was administered and it was deemed not a popular enough feature for us to bother with so the idea faded away.

Now, again like Dennis said, even if we (the moderators) were willing to allow a feature like avatars, we'd be lucky if our request was pulled off in the proper way by the web site geeks, let alone the constant moderation of something as personal as avatars. We're short people back here as it is and I forsee all kinds of issues with trying to get people to adhere to the rules we'd have to set and then enforce.

Then there's the messy look of the site. The reason TC looks the way it does isn't on accident. Its been kept this clean on purpose. Call it old school or boring or whatever you want, there's a method to our madness.
:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts