Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much room does it take for you guys to make a U turn? I had the short pitman arm, medium steering arms and power steering(2 1/2 lock to lock). I changed to a long pitman arm and now if I pull on the shoulder of a two lane road I can make a U turn and I will just go off the road slightly on the opposite lane. Would different steering arms make the turning radius tighter? At lock the BFG 245/60/15 are pretty close(1/2 inch) from rubbing.

·
10,160 Posts
the steering arms have stop pads on them, if they hit at full lock, that's all you can get.
You should need a roadway just over 40 feet wide to do a U turn. The turn radius is just over 20 feet.
David

[ 07-13-2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: davidpozzi ]

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Thats it;
the steering arms have stop pads on them, if they hit at full lock, that's all you can get.
I have fast ratio steering box(less than 2-1/4 lock to lock), long pitman arm and manual steering arms (long ones) and I'm hitting the stops on them. I think anything faster, like having medium or short arms could be difficult to drive. I mean, to keep the car centered in tight maneuvers, like in between moving cars. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts