Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a buddy of mine that is looking to get rid of a b&m quick silver shifter. He has all the parts but it is out of a 72 firebird. It is the console mount. Will it fit in my 69 console? Has anyone done this and have pictures? thanks in advance
MARK

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I hve the mega shifter and I installed it in my 69 with the council and it looks and works great it can be done! Just one word of *CAUTION* BE EXTREAMLY CAREFUL WHEN DRILLING THE HOLES to mount the shifter cause it is very easy to accidently drill into your tranny!!! I know because me and a buddy drilled into my brand new trans the day after i got it home and ruined it had to buy a completely new one!! I drove the car home fine but when you would put it in reverse it turned into nigarea Falls

------------------
69 Camaro RS, 355ci, 72 gm casting heads,mild cam, Preformer rpm intake, edelbrock 600 carb, 350 turbo w/ shift kit 2500 stall, 10 bolt 2.73 any more questions ask

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yep, it will. You will have to make a mounting plate for the top, but it's easy. Generally, it's a very good fit. If you get bored, check out the interior pictures on my site, there are some with it torn apart, then some with the console on. Most people look at mine and think it's factory.

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB
The Green Meanie http://www.geocities.com/corsican69

1 - 3 of 3 Posts