Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for what I think are the clips that hold the back seat in on my 69 RS. The way the seat is now it just slides back and fourth but there is nothing to ancher it down. What do you call thoes clips and is it something can order from Ricks or another part house??

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
These are welded down at factory. Never seen them repoduced but you could make your own I guess.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Look in the Body Shop section for stevocamaro's post. He's got a donor shell and might be able to "hook" you up with the clips.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The design is nearly the same for most GM's of the era. The junkyard are full of them.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am talking about the bench seat in the back . The part that you sit on not the back rest. On the floor there looks to be somthing like a slot that it is supposted to slide into and a friend of mine told me there are supposed to be some clips that go there to hold it in. as it is now it will slid in and out freely.

·
Registered
887 Posts
So you have the two slotted brackets on the floor as pictured above ? If so, the seat bottom has horizonal rods which are an intrigal part of the seat bottom that slip into the brackets. It takes downward and back force for it to latch in.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
No clips or fasteners for the bottom cushion - the bent-down rod section on the bottom of the seat frame on each side snaps into the retainer brackets; push rearward and down and it'll engage the brackets.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Sicsd8 I have the slots on the floor. I will try to see of O can get it to pop in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts