Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I found a pair of rear seat side panels in my car when I bought it. They look like what would go in either a deluxe or convertible interior, or a '69 with a fold-down rear seat. They have arm rests with the ash tray in them, and the verticle piece called "filler panels"? The car is not a convertible nor does it have a deluxe interior or fold-down seat.
From what I've seen, convertible filler panels are deeper, or wider front to back, than fold-down seat panels (the verticle piece). These must be for a fold-down rear seat because they're only 5 or 6 inches wide at the bottom where they meet the armrest and are curved at the top where they screw to the body. I would imagine that conv. panels are much wider and open at the top by the window.

Am I correct? All the pictures I've been able to find show convertibles. I can't seem to find decent interior shots of a '69 with a fold-down seat so I can compare. Either way they're going to be for sale complete, but needing recovered. I just to be sure of what they fit first off.
Thanks!

UPDATE:
I found a picture (finally!) of the rear side panels that I have on Chris Edwards web site.... http://www.67rs.com/macphreak4evr/ on the Interior page. Third pic from top on right.
Chris, is that a fold-down rear seat? Is it a standard seat with Deluxe door and side panels?

------------------
Joe
WCA Member
[email protected]
[email protected]
'69 wallet crusher
http://photos.yahoo.com/hwystarjoe

[This message has been edited by HwyStarJoe (edited 04-24-2002).]

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Here is what mine look like Joe, hope this helps.

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,ps,am/fm,4.10 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Anytime Joe, I dont have alot of expertise in Camaro stuff yet, but I take good pictures and edit them as well if you ever need help with photos.
click

------------------
fold down rear seat.

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but I'm pretty handy with graphics myself. Just need a decent digital camera so I can stop borrowing them.

So I'm assuming that those rear side panels are ONLY for a fold-down seat configuration, and are different from Deluxe panels? You know how hard it is finding good rear seat photos?

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Thats odd Joe, I would think with all the techie wrenches in here, someone would have pics of back seats in all the different styles and trim packages that are around.Any non-fold down seat would have longer bench and back cushions which then take up the space the arm rests have used up. I think Toby in Mich. and some of the CRG guys have amassed quite a few pics of 1st gen cars. Let me know if you need other pics of my folding seat areas, its easy to shoot them.
I have been very happy with my Kodak DC210 digital, its nearly 5 years old now and never missed a beat. Newer ones are much higher resolution thus need more space and memory to use them. Check out ebay for a good used digital camera.Should find one there for around $100 I would think.
click

------------------
fold down rear seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts