Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the back seat to trunk partition. Looking in catalogs there seems to be black and a grayish offered. The one I took out of my car seemed original based on the erosion. It looked cardboard brownish.
I want to keep it original looking (the best I can). Anyone have a recommendation on who to go with? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Mike, As far I know....the trunk dividers that you buy today come only in that grayish black color. The original ones were brownish in color. If you want your trunk to look original, you could cut your own out of cardboard. Just use your old one as a template. I personally like the grayish black dividers because it gives the trunk a more uniform look.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Rick's 1st Gen. has them but they are black on one side. Not sure what color they are on the other, since I got mine with the backing on it. They can come plain or have juted backing (for sound deadening). I have a 69 and just got one with the backing. I believe from what I have read is that they did not come with the backing. Also I have read that some guys turn theirs around so that the black faces the trunk. But then you have to recut the mounting holes.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Either that or find a rattle can close to that color and just paint it.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts