Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of wiring my back up lights to my B&M quicksilver shifter. The shifter came with a switch for the backup lights and the neutral safety switch. I ran the light green wire and the pink wire to the switch on the shifter for the backup lights. The problem is that the lights stay on once the key is turned on. They are on regardless of what gear the selector is in. Do you think I have a bad switch?

·
Registered
960 Posts
To check if you have a bad switch, which it seems like you might, I'd get a toggle switch and hook up the two wires that go to the back up light switch, which you said are the green and pink wire and see if they go off with the toggle switch. If they do, then you know it's your switch.
Not to insult you, but you are sure they are the correct wires?
Because all you really need is a power supply and a field wire to run back to the sockets/ bulbs. Then the sockets have the ground wires.
Good luck
Bruce

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The pink wire feeds ignition-switched 12 volts to the switch (which closes in reverse), and the light green wire feeds the power from the switch to the backup lights. Jumper from the pink wire to the light green wire and the lights should come on - if they do, you have a bad switch.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I figured out the problem. The switch was fine but the adjustment of the shifter cable and the placement of the switch was a bit out. The first problem was that I simply had to loosen the switch a bit and pull it away from the shifter so that the switch arm wasn't always depressed. The second issue was the detents for reverse and neutral were a bit too far forward despite the fact that my car shifted fine. The reverse lights came on in neutral and the neutral safety switch engaged in D. I re-adjusted the shifter cable according to the manufacturers instructions and it works fine.

Thanks,
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts