Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back until I get home from Nashville, TN. I had to go to Nashville, TN where the Dept of VA does stem cell transplant. I got out the hospital yesturday, it felt so good to be out of the hospital. It took a month for the transplant. They had to take your immune system down before withdrawing my stem cells, then when it was right time...they reinfusion or put them back in me, They keep the cells below 32 degress and warm them up to 36 degress before they put them back in me. That was so cold, I had to fight to breathe, because it would stop your heart if you let it. I kept telling myself, breathe, breathe, breathe. I will have to stay away from crowds for 100 days. Then, I will have to go to my local hospital and have a bone marrow biospy to see if my stem cells are working. It sure has been a learning experince to me, but it has taken 3 years to get to this day. In 2 weeks, I will head home, sleep in my own bed. TGIF I will be saying. Then may be next year, I will start working on my 68 Camaro, I did find out that I have a SS. Bye Jon

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Glad to hear everything went well. Welcome back!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Glad you are doing okay now Jon. It sounds like you went through quite an ordeal. Welcome back to the Team.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts