Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1968 327 with efi. I have new sparkplug wires and new plugs. Sometimes while driving I get a huge backfire or even several. There are times when at a stop the engine just dies. It will crank up on the first try and may run fine for awhile then the same thing all over. It is at the point I can not trust it to run errands. I have changed out the control mod 2 times...the one that goes to the dist.

Thanks guys....gary

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel pump is on the engine..have not checked the pressure. I think it is losing spark intead of running out of fuel because when I crank it over it starts up on the first revolution. I did change the mod 2 times and it does seem to run a little longer afterwards. Thought the first time it was a defective one. I can not find the mfg on the efi. It is mostly gray with a red top where the wires go. Can I have an alt prob? thats where it gets 12 volts right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
change both fuel filters and you said you changed the plugs, that was my first guess, clean the plugs, then what did you put in the tank besides octance boost? which brand?
onoe works great, the other stuff is bad.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
An EFI with the fuel pump on the engine? Never heard of such a thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts