Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Curious if anyone has installed pics of their backseat drivers and any advice on routing the RCA cables? I took Vega$69's advice and ordered the backseat driver, bluetooth head unit and kick panels for ease of set up and use. Planning on just drilling holes through the back seat support area and running probably six bolts to fasten the unit to the backrest area. Hoping to avoid any buzzing or rattling.

I am contemplating running the RCA cables straight up the lower edge of the transmission tunnel rather than in one of the rocker channels since I have a battery cable in one and tailight/domelight wiring in the other. They are relatively small so I don't think they would interfere but always looking for feedback before I pull the trigger.

Attachments

·
13,719 Posts
That’s the way I do it. The BSD is the best bang for the buck imo.

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s the way I do it. The BSD is the best bang for the buck imo.
John - I know on Mustangs these are mounted in front or back of the backrest support but I am assuming in my 69 it has to be in the trunk, not the passenger compartment to allow the seat back to mount properly. In your experience is this correct?

·
13,719 Posts
John - I know on Mustangs these are mounted in front or back of the backrest support but I am assuming in my 69 it has to be in the trunk, not the passenger compartment to allow the seat back to mount properly. In your experience is this correct?
Correct

attached to rear of backseat support structure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts