Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, getting ready to pull the trigger soon on some 18" wheels for my 69. Going with 18x8 in front and 18x9 in back. My search shows most common bs is 4.75 and 5.25 for these widths. I will be using Baer Sport 13" brakes which are 1/4" thick. I am thinking I should go with a 5" and 5.5" in light of this and use a spacer if needed. Also using a Chassisworks subframe which is said to be stock width of 60". Just want to know that I am ordering the right bs before investing major $$$. Thanks for any insight on this.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am also getting ready to order 18" wheels for my 69. Mine will be running the stock subframe with Baer Brakes and full Hotchkis Suspension with 3" drop. I'm going with 18x8 front with 4 7/8" backspacing, 235/40/18 tires. It will not be mini tubbed and it will not have rolled lips so for the rear it will have 18x9 with 5 1/2" backspacing,275/40/18 tires. I think this is a pretty good setup for a stock bodied Camaro that's lowered.

Brian

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian, that helps. I had planned the same tires with exception of 245s up front. Are your Baer rotors the 2 piece Eradispeed??

·
Registered
150 Posts
My brakes are 1 piece rotors. 13" rotors for the front and 12" for the rear. They have been on the car since 06.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts