Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reworking a 70 & 1/2 RS Camaro and have a SB406 with M20 4spd going into it. Also I have installed a Ford 9" rear with 3.50 gears for street and 4.11 gears for the strip. My question is this:

What is the stock backspacing on the Camaro 14" rallye wheels?

The Ford 9" is 1.75" wider on each side, so I'll need to add this to the stock backspacing when I order my 15X8 Corvette rallyes. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, since nobody responded, I found out some info on my own, thought I'd share it if anyone cares. The 15X8 Corvette ralleys I bought have 4" backspacing and since I needed 1.75" more in the rear, I will order two more from Wheel Vintiques with 5.5" backspacing which will still allow the tires to fit under the wheelwell.

[This message has been edited by Scooter (edited 02-08-99).]

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the info scooter,to bad you had to do it all yourself.i am redoing a '72 camaro and can use all the info i can get.mine has a 408 with a 350 turbo trans,2800 stall with a posi 4.11 rearend.if you have any more info that you can share with us 2nd gen. owners please post it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To get the best price on Corvette ralley wheels contact Wheel Vintiques directly at:

209-251-6957 or write to them at:

Wheel Vintiques
5468 E Lamona
Fresno CA 93727

I spoke to Eddie and he was very helpful and is only charging me $70.00 per wheel with whatever backspacing I need. There is no extra charge for different backspacing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts