Team Camaro Tech banner

1261 - 1280 of 1290 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
When I first found this post Camaros.net was like a family. I felt like I was part of a group with a common interest that truly cared about each other. I enjoyed logging on and catching up. Most of the group I was connected to has moved on to different things or passed away. Another that I looked forward to reading his posts was murdered. Rest In Peace Harley Moody!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
When I first found this post Camaros.net was like a family. I felt like I was part of a group with a common interest that truly cared about each other. I enjoyed logging on and catching up. Most of the group I was connected to has moved on to different things or passed away. Another that I looked forward to reading his posts was murdered. Rest In Peace Harley Moody!

Jeff
As I was thinking about this thread. Harley was right in the front of my mind.

This will always remind me of him being happier to be with the group.

@dreamweaver had a nice post about him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 69Z28

·
Registered
7,168 Posts

Jeff
If look at my join date I also have been around here for a very long time. Actually since just a couple of days after Al started the website. I was a member of Team Chevelle before Al made Team Camaro. We used to ask him about doing another Team page for Camaros because many of us had a Chevelles and Camaros….then one day Team Camaro popped up.
I am now trying to get back here more often, I have found 2 Facebook Camaro groups that I like and all the others suck and many are a rehash of some pretty horrible people and have to bring political garbage into conversations all the time.
This post is one of those all time greats…it started out as goofy and it nuts how it just perpetually keeps going. Where is Joe these days?

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Highway Joe has a teenage son; maybe he's taking up all his time ? I was looking forward to his stories of building the car with his boy.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Funny this thread came back up... getting ready to dig my backyard for a pool at my new house today.

Fingers crossed I don't find anything 🤣 🤣 🤣
Call for a utility locate. Gas line is what you usually find first. or maybe power.

·
20,362 Posts
Call for a utility locate. Gas line is what you usually find first. or maybe power.
Called a year or so ago for when I did a fence, said nothing behind house....36" deep hole for a semi inground pool, and all is well.

But thanks for the warning

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Called a year or so ago for when I did a fence, said nothing behind house....36" deep hole for a semi inground pool, and all is well.

But thanks for the warning
Cool, sent from experience. Sub bored first fence post hole through a 3/4" gas line. Task was delayed. And $$

·
15,100 Posts
That would be bad...
Here in Vegas we are digging 3-5 pools per week. Yeah Work is crazy. Most are in new home developments. We use Call Before You Dig. Free service and prompt.

·
20,362 Posts
Here in Vegas we are digging 3-5 pools per week. Yeah Work is crazy. Most are in new home developments. We use Call Before You Dig. Free service and prompt.
Yes, Miss Utility here. Never came out, told me right over the phone...Talking to a buddy who does pools, busy as all get out, and can't get liners.
He has already done about 6 in-grounds this year (or more ? 2 were just new liners) One has been sitting 3 weeks waiting on a liner that was "lost" in shipping...6 openings today (I think he's a 2 or 3 man crew Owner Op.) Few from this year of his

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Yes for the most part they are, usually within 48 hours.

·
Retired
16,042 Posts
I emailed Joe last week, didnt hear back, not sure if he changed emails. I sent a text to his phone number I have and I will report back when I find him. :)

·
Retired
16,042 Posts
I just heard back from Joe and invited him to check in again here. He changed emails :)

Reactions: bwcamaro68

·
Retired
16,042 Posts
I could hear your knees creeking Joe, hardly sneaked in :)

Reactions: bwcamaro68

·
15,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,280 ·
Wow! It's weird, and good, seeing all the familiar names!
I remember the good old days of TC from 20 years ago too. Good to see so many original folks still involved.

I may not have The Digital Sleeper (aka Beast Mode) anymore, but nothing has changed as far as cars for me. I just don't happen to have one in the garage right now. I wanted to do some things to the house without going to the bank, so I sold it. The wife and I are interested in a 50's or 60's pickup truck project next. Of course it'll be all computers underneath with ancient patina on the outside like the Camaro. 😎

Oh, and no... I have not finished digging up the radar array, treasure vault, Al Capone grave, 4th dimension entrance.
Maybe I should get in touch with Rick and Marty Lagina? 🤭

1261 - 1280 of 1290 Posts