Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. The kit comes with a dished backing plate. The instructions just say to mount it but don't mention which side should face out and the part does not identify either.

2. The rear rotors have 9/16 holes and my stock axles have 7/16 studs.
That's a 1/4" difference and doesn't seem right.

3. does anyone have pictures with position of the rear caliper mounted? Other than mounting it upside down I keep getting interference with either the shock or the leaf springs.

I know lots a folks installed this kit so I hope they will chime in.

Thanks again.

Rich

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Rich -

I just swapped 93-97 z/28 rears onto my 69, which are essentially the same as the Baers, but with different brackets. Are both of your calipers hitting? Make sure they didn't send you a set for staggered shocks. If you have 2 identical calipers, then it's most likely a staggered shock setup. You should have a R and a L caliper - mirror images. Remember the bleeder goes up. Sounds like a call to Baer is in order.

On the rotors - I posted the exact same question and got a grand total of ZERO responses. http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103404

So I looked at rotors from other manufacturers, and they were all the same. The wierd thing is that if you put the rotor over the axle, even though it fits, you'll notice that your wheel studs aren't even centered in the oversize holes. The only thing I can figure is that the same rotor fits another application(s) with a different bolt circle, and they did it this way to cut costs. I don't think it's going to cause a problem/

Sorry, but can't help on the backing plate issue.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
the holes are metric. which makes sense, because they are just OEM spec replacement parts for a late model car that has metric studs.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stopped by Matt's Classic Bowties to see if they could help me figure out the problem with my brakes and it seems that Baer boxed up the wrong brake kit.
The part number on the box was correct but had different year brakes inside.
Kim called Baer and had them send new brakes immediatley.

You can't beat the service Matt and Kim provide. :thumbsup:

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts